The pathway to having a more effective team begins with emotional intelligence. Unless you live under a rock, you will engage in some sort of human interaction on a daily basis. These interactions may occur electronically in the form of an email, a face-to-face meeting, or through the use of a conference line. Regardless of how we exchange ideas and information, emotional intelligence will help you navigate these interactions in a way that allows you to stay focused and consistently achieve the best outcomes.
The application of emotional intelligence in the workplace will:
· Produce a positive working atmosphere
· Ensure that difficult negotiations, debates, and decisions end with resolutions that are favorable for your organization
· Provide enhanced conflict resolution skills for staff who interact often with the public or outside vendors
· Build trust in your organization as a result of consistent positive interactions
· Contribute to the personal growth of your team members and teach them how to cope with difficulties in life as well as in the workplace
What is working best for you when working in your organization or within a group?